Full-time role tasked with translation of production materials, scenario text and promotional contents from English to Japanese for using in the game ‘Arcaea’ and other lowiro works.
Alongside your base pay, you will also be eligible for an annual bonus as well as:
- Flexible work hours
- A casual and friendly atmosphere amongst those with a passion for working on games
- The ability to work remotely when necessary
- The ability to work from London or Tokyo offices for part of the working year, at your discretion
- Professional or Hobby translation experience (English > Japanese). Please send us samples of your work, paid or personal projects.
- Fluent Japanese language ability
- High English language ability
- A keen interest in games and media in Japan as well as an understanding of the Game / Media Industry
Description of role
As a member of the localization team you will be given guidance on performing translations from English to Japanese at a high standard and within a style fitting to lowiro projects. You will be tasked day to day with the translation of game materials and gain the opportunity to write promotional content reaching hundreds of thousands of players across the world.
You will also at times be tasked with relaying information between western teams and clients/creators in Japan and must be competent at writing business communications to a reasonable standard.
- Experience in using translation tools such as poedit and version control systems such as git
- Experience with arranging offline or online events
- Experience in game production / planning or coordinating of teams
- Keenness or experience in production of goods
- Community Management skills or experience
Preferred: Japan (Tokyo)
International remote will be considered based on qualification.
Please apply by sending the following via the contact form:
- Cover Letter (link)
- Resume (link)
* Please note that applications not including a cover letter will not be reviewed