Part-time role tasked with translating in-game text and creative copy from English to Japanese.
Preferred: Japan (Tokyo) or UK (London)
International remote will be considered based on qualification.
A per-word rate is negotiable for successful applicants
- Flexible work hours
- A casual, friendly and inclusive atmosphere amongst those with a passion for working on games
- The ability to work from London or Tokyo offices for part of the working year, at your discretion
Description of role
You will work alongside the Lead Japanese Translator to assist with translating creative copy for PR and in-game messages, tutorials and UI, as well as carrying out other ad hoc translation tasks, all from English to Japanese.
You will also work closely with the PR Team to ensure tone of voice and style guidelines are maintained in all translated text.
The role involves a combination of translation and creative copywriting, with a heavy focus on weaving narrative and story into public-facing text.
- Native speaker in Japanese and native/near-native in English
- High level of writing proficiency in both languages
- Professional experience in translating a variety of short- and long-form text from English to Japanese
- Professional experience in writing creative copy with the ability to interweave narrative/story into PR
- Knowledge and understanding of writing in different tones of voice and styles
- A keen interest in games and media in Japan as well as an understanding of the Game Market
- Proven experience in translating prose and/or stories from English to Japanese
Please apply by sending the following via the contact form:
- Cover Letter (link)
- Resume (link)
- Portfolio/Examples (link)
* Resumes can be sent in English or Japanese - if in Japanese, please also include your 職務経歴書
* Please note that applications not including a cover letter will not be reviewed